MM: Marriage Monday {Our Valentine's Day Weekend Recap and a Prayer For Your Marriage}





Friday evening, Ruben took Hadara out on their annual Father Daughter date.  They've been doing this since she was four years old.  This time they got all dressed up and went to Olive Garden.  Hadara loves pasta, anything Italian. Since it was ladies pick, Daddy had to agree.  He also took her out for a little shopping trip afterwards.  I can't stress enough how important it is for Fathers to take their daughters out on special dates.  Hadara came home walking on sunshine and you could just see the happiness all over their faces.  Special memories being made!  It warms my heart every time.  



Saturday morning, we had a family Valentine's day.  I hosted a special brunch for my parents, and my niece and nephews.  We had yummy pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hash brown casserole.  The kiddies enjoyed their Love Brunch.  After we filled our tummies, we met in the living room for worship and a family devotional. The kids passed out Valentines in their class and enjoyed Ruben teaching them about John 3:16.  While I taught my parents about the 5 Love Languages in marriage and our children.  The kids also played fun games together and we all laughed until our bellies hurt.  We all had a blessed time.  I really enjoyed this Valentine's day because in past years, it's usually all about Ruben and I going out by ourselves.  However,  this time, it was extra special to be able to share it with family and include the kids in all of it!  I love when laughs and love fill our Little Pink Casa.  



After our family left, it was date night time.  I planned to make Ruben a romantic candlelight dinner after we put Hadara to bed early.  However, I was so exhausted from being the hostess queen, that Ruben offered to go get us take-out instead.  I love him!  Sadly, on his way out, he realized one of our tires was flat and that changed the course of our romantic evening.  Ruben was able to fix the tire and bring us some dinner home to eat.  With some patience,  I lit some candles and we had our special date after all.  Maybe not how I planned, but it was beautiful anyways.  We exchanged our gifts, love letters and love coupons at the kitchen table.  Even after all the distractions, it all worked out.  I decided not to get frustrated or upset.  There's no such thing as a perfect Valentine's day.  There's no such thing as a perfect marriage.  And that's simply ok with me.  Love is patient and Love is kind.  Maybe in the past, I would have let this kind of thing bothered me, but I've learned that it's not about me.  This world does not revolve around me, myself and I.  Love is not selfish and it is not puffed up.  God's love is all I want to have and all I want to give.  Loving my husband God's way is perfect.  

I'd say, this weekend was perfect, because we were together, we had fun and God's LOVE filled our home.   My perspective on Valentine's day this year was about God's love and His grace anyways.  The Lord reminded me of this Bible verse from Song of Solomon 2:4 which simply says, "Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love".  


I leave you with a special Marriage prayer.  It comes from my free e-guide, Happily Ever After:  A Marriage Guide to Keep the Romance Alive.  Filled with romance ideas and free printables.  
You may print this prayer by downloading it here.   Also, download your Free Marriage Guide below. 


Download Your Free Guide




Blessings and Shalom, 



How did you celebrate Valentine's Day?  Share by commenting here.  

Labels: ,