Snow in the Desert {A Word for the New Year 2015}


How was your New Years Day?  

We received a little gift from Heaven here at the Little Pink Casa.  It snowed!   Well, maybe a little drizzle, but it came down for one hour.  From the photos, it looks like nothing, but watch our vlog here for a closer look.  Either way, Hadara and I danced around in it like little girls.  We giggled with delight as we watched it fall from the sky.   It was so beautiful, fun, and amazing!  

Snow is rare in the valley of the sun, and usually only Northern Arizona sees snowfall.   Yet, it was so refreshing to receive a little gift of winter on the first day of the new year 2015! 

I've lived in Arizona all my life and haven't experienced snow much.  For that reason, I get ecstatic when this occurs.  It's a seldom act.  

The best part about this story begins earlier in the day-New Years Eve.  I heard on the local news that cities surrounding our area were receiving snowfall.    When I heard this, I told Hadara to pray with me that it would snow at our house.  That evening, we spent our time with my parents at their home, but we had to come back early.   Ruben worked the next day so Hadara and I stayed up waiting for the clock to strike midnight.   We heard our neighbors outside across the street and looked out the window when we saw snow falling.  We grabbed our coats and ran outside.  I couldn't believe it!  We prayed and just like that, right on time . . . the snow came.  

Later today, I felt the Lord was speaking through this beautiful gift of snow.  He was showing me something.  

Snow falling in the desert as the new year begins.  Rare.  Crazy.   One in a billion chances.  The Lord is definitely speaking.   I think about the feelings and thoughts I experienced at that moment when I stood there looking up at the sky and watched the beautiful snow flakes fall.  God shows us His signs continuously.  He is always speaking to us.  
Here are a four things I felt the Lord was speaking to me about this special snowfall.     

First, snow is refreshing.  The Lord is going to do a new thing this year.  It will be a refreshing to your soul.  
Second, snow is white and pure.  As the Lord is Holy, the Bible says to be Holy.  (1Peter 1:16).  He is ELOHIM KEDOSHIM = Holy God (Josh. 24:19).  Only Jesus can wash away our sin through His blood.  Get your household in right standing with God.  When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. (Proverbs 31:21)   Rejoice in purity this year, don't be ashamed of it. 
Third, snow brings joy.  I felt like giggling as the snow fell and softly touched my face.  Remember the joy of the Lord is your strength in 2015. 
Lastly, snow makes us feel like a child again.  Snow angels, snowballs, and sledding all bring sweet visions in our head of children or reminders of when we were kids.  Child-like faith is what the Lord loves from us.  It's time to climb up on your Daddy's (Abba) lap and rest in Him as a child.  

The Word
There are many Bible verses that talk about snow.  Yet, this one stood out to me. 


Isaiah 55:10-11

10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
There are three messages that come from this that I believe are for 2015.  

1.  God Provides

2.  God is Faithful 

3.  God's Will Prevails


God provides in the desert, in the weary and dry places and in the fruitful plains.  Have faith for this new year that God will provide what you need and Provision is coming to your land.   He is JEHOVAH JIREH= the Lord will Provide.  

God is faithful in the little things to show you how much He loves you.  When we see God move in the little things, we have faith to trust Him with the Big things.  Live this year knowing that no matter what you go through, God is faithful.  He is EL AMAN = Faithful God (Deut. 7:9)

God's will prevails.  I heard a wise teaching from Dr. Jane Glenchur  explaining, when we pray,  ask God what is on His heart.   What is your will Father?  He knows the future.  He already knows.  He is wisdom.  He gives wisdom.  This year, instead of trying to figure things out with your own understanding or make decisions based on human thinking, ask God.  He'll speak and all you have to do is listen.   He is ELOHIM = God (Gen 1:1)

This is also a year of grace.  For 2015 has a five in it and five in Hebrew means grace.  Pray for God's grace in your situations.  Watch and see how God's grace manifests in your life for things you have been asking for and praying for this year.  Even in everyday things, God's grace is sufficient.  2 Corinthians 12: 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Friend, I rarely write posts like these, so if it comes off a little different, I just felt led to share it with you.    I don't know you personally, but God does.  He knows what you need to hear.  May it be a blessing and an encouragement to you!  Please feel free to comment if any of these things mean anything to you.  That would encourage me so much.  I look forward to hearing your input or what God is also showing you about this new year.  

Blessings and Shalom,









What memories did you make on the first day of 2015?  



Labels: , ,