Fashion Friday {Winter Coat Style}

Looking Cute when it's Cold. . . 

It's January and baby it's cold outside!  When it comes to cold weather, I'm a wimp.  I just don't like to be cold.  I guess I've been living in the Arizona heat for so long, I just can't take the cold.  However, I do think it's fun to dress in winter apparel during this season.  It's usually not too cold here, but after the snow day we had yesterday, weather has been pretty chilly.

Winter fashion is tricky.  How do you dress nice when no one really sees what your'e wearing when you're bundled up in outerwear?  What's the secret to looking cute when it's cold outside?

Accessories my friend.  Scarfs, mittens, coats, sweaters, hats and boots!  I love to have fun with color in my accessories.  I love how Hadara and I have almost matching coats this year.  No, we didn't plan this.  Mostly, these things just sort of happen.  I bought my white wool coat on Amazon four years ago when I worked for Apple.  I love wearing winter white.  It has a nostalgic look and it's classic all at the same time.  A white coat also makes it easy to pop color in my accessories like my pink mittens and plaid scarf.  Here we are wearing our matching outfits at my Mom's for New Years Eve.  

I bought Hadara's coat at Burlington Coat Factory in September.  She out grew her coat from two years ago, so Ruben and I knew it was time to buy her another one this winter.  When I saw this coat on the rack, I just knew it was perfect.  I love the black buttons and fur hoodie that unzips and can be taken off.

For the first time, this winter, we are a matching mother daughter.   Which I enjoy because one day, she may not appreciate matching her Mom.  Until then, I'll enjoy being twinsies with my mini-me.

How do you accessorize with your winter outer wear? 

Happy New Year!  

Blessings and Shalom, 






Connect with me here:

 Facebook   Pinterest   Google +  YouTube  Instagram

Labels: , ,