Why My Daughter Won't Be Getting Frozen This Christmas

Disney's Frozen movie, never seen it.  The song, Let it go. . . never heard it.

Unbelievable right?  Where do I live?  On a deserted island or a remote jungle you may ask?
Nope.

What's the big hype anyway?  So, it was a year ago.  A year ago when my eyes were opened.



Have you really researched Disney for all it's worth?

I used to be a Disney fan.  I loved Disneyland trips and we took my daughter Hadara there when she was two and for her sixth birthday.  My husband and I frequently shopped for Hadara at the Disney store and we loved the Disney channel since she watched Mickey Mouse club and the Wiggles.  We bought her all the dolls, followed all the cartoons, had a movie collection.  You know, the true Disney fans.  

Yes, we were a true Disney family.  Until one day.

One moment, one research, one article, one convicting moment.  Ugh.  Sometimes it's hard to swallow.  I was at a crossroads.  After I learned the truth . . .  do I pretend I don't know or do I change?

Have you heard the phrase, "Put your money where your mouth is?".   Now, I'm not writing this post to bash Disney.  They can do that to themselves.  I'm not here to make you feel guilty because you've seen the movie Frozen ten times or your little children love it.  No, I'm here to make a point that you can still live in this world and not get caught up in the hype of popular culture.  If you choose to make a stand.  What if we all made a stand?

I did find some startling facts about Disney and the company that does not correlate well with my beliefs and biblical views.  Therefore, I have decided to let go of my love for this company.  Yes, altogether.  

We've decided as a family a few years ago, that if we are going to invest money into a company's products, we want to give our money to companies that support our beliefs.  Yes, it may be hard to do that all the time.  Sometimes companies don't even disclose their value system.  However, those companies who come right out with their beliefs, can give us a clear answer on whether I want to do business with them.  I'm the shopper and it's my prerogative.  I may not have a choice to where all my money goes for example like our tax payer money.  That's another rotten story.  However, I can make a difference with the money I do have in my bank account and pocket book.   Every penny I spend can benefit others or cause destruction.   There is power in money.  There is power in the influence of money.  We've got the power as consumers.  Buy it or not.

It's your decision.

I'll let you google for yourself to find out about Disney.  Again, that's your choice.   The Bible says, look and you shall find, the truth shall set you free.  Look for yourself Mom.

Be wise
Don't just let what is popular today be what's popular in your home.  Set yourself apart.  The Bible says, one who waivers is like the wave of the sea, blown and tossed with the wind (James 1:6).  Instead be like the wise man (or woman) and build your house on the rock (Matthew 7:24).   And who is the rock?  Jesus and He's the only way to the Father (John 14:6).  Our popular culture can dictate us and we can become like the waves of the sea.   Just because something is popular today, doesn't make it right.

Use discernment of the Holy Spirit.  
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.  I know that's an old school cliche.  Again, evaluate your heart.  Why do you watch the movies, listen to the music or enjoy the entertainment you choose?  Are they imparting good seed into your family's lives or sowing seeds of corruption.  Only time will tell. When the harvest comes years later, whether good or bad fruit in your children were produced, it's too late.  We can't turn back the hands of time.

Be Good Stewards Now 

I challenge you during this season where many go in debt, financial stress is high and self-control jumps ship.  Stand your ground.  Decide as a family to put your money where your mouth is . . . invest in good gifts and shop for products that will bring your family closer to God.  Invest in small family business.  Support your local community.   Sow your money into good soil.  Stay on a budget.  My husband Ruben and I made this decision five years ago and we've never looked back. We have God's peace and you can too.  No matter how much money you have.

Our children are dependent upon our guidance and every decision we make affects them.  Let's teach them these timely lessons of wisdom now while they are still young.

The real letting go is placing our children in the Father's hands.

The real letting go is surrendering our lives to Jesus, the Messiah that sets us free.

The real letting go is relinquishing all control and letting God lead.  Yes, may we draw near to God and never let go!   

He leads us besides still waters.  He leads us on the straight and narrow path.  Lead us Lord, on this journey of letting go of worldly pursuits and selfish humanistic thinking.

May we let it go.



Has your family ever made a bold decision like this?

What are some ways your family takes a stand?  I want to hear about it, comment below.  

Blessings and Shalom, 







Connect with me here:

 Facebook   Pinterest   Google +  YouTube  Instagram


Labels: , , , , ,