Fashion Friday {Crochet Chic}

Today is Fashion Friday . . .   where I create a Fall outfit from my closet to inspire you to get fashion creative.  This week, my daughter and I were inspired from crochet pieces in our wardrobe.  

Crochet clothing is so vintage and has really made a come back.  I'd love to learn how to crochet one day.   I have always loved crochet clothing from vests to sweaters.  It's a great piece to add to your fall/winter outfit that adds texture, comfy coziness, and warmth!  

I just love this minty crochet cardigan I found at a antique shop about ten years ago.  Seriously, I think it's from the 1950's and I can imagine it belonging to a sock hopper paired with a poodle skirt.  I love mixing patterns with texture.  A cream/navy pattern blouse is layered underneath the cardigan.  The blouse's scarf is an added bonus.   Mint earrings pop with color.  Neutral stone capri pants are disguised under knee high stud suede boots from Dollhouse.  I snagged the boots on Beyond the Rack during last year's Black Friday sale.  They are so warm with their fur lining.  Totally worth it.  






Hadara wears a scallop crochet poncho she's had since she was two years old.  Yes, it still fits her! She chose to wear it over a long sleeve white shirt paired with dark blue skinny jeans from Justice.  She couldn't wait to bust out her black suede boots we found at Burlington Coat Factory.  A hot pink headband and girly bracelet show her personality.  She's getting so tall.  




As you can see here in the valley of the sun, we don't have many colorama trees to shed those pretty leaves.  We have to drive up to Northern Arizona for those beauties.  Although, we did have a a cold front move in this week, so hopefully we'll start feeling more like Fall soon.  

Overall, our photo shoot turned out to be very eventful.  Wait til you hear about it tomorrow! It's the photo shoot that almost killed me.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but that's how it felt.  Today's post is late, for that reason.  You'll have to come back tomorrow to read all about it! 

Do you have a favorite crochet piece in your wardrobe?  

Do you know how to crochet?  


Until tomorrow. 

Blessings and Shalom, 







Connect with me here:

 Facebook   Pinterest   Google +  YouTube  Instagram


Labels: , ,