My Eventful Day {the photo shoot that nearly killed me}

This week, I had a very eventful Thursday.  Hadara and I were off on a walk to grab some Fashion Friday photos.  We were very excited about our photo shoot.  Then, some where between our walk and the first photo, I was bit by a bug on the top of my hand.  Still not sure what bit me.  I was concentrating on capturing the best images of my little girl and not paying any attention.  Pretty sure, I ruled out mosquito within the first 10 minutes when I began to experience a severe reaction.  Although I had no pain, my hand swelled up, arm turned red and a rash appeared.  By the time, we walked home and got through the front door,  I felt tightness in my chest.  My stomach started to feel yucky and drowsiness came over me.  I began to get concerned.  You think? 

The next thing I knew I was calling 911.  Yes, I didn't want to do it, but at that moment, I knew something was definitely wrong.  As I waited on the phone to talk with a dispatcher, I prayed.  I asked the Lord to take care of me and not let anything bad happen to me.  I was hoping help would come since it was only Hadara and myself at home.  Ruben was at work and it would be a while before he got home.  

The paramedics arrived and checked my vitals.  I was doing alright, but they wanted to get me to the hospital.  I told them I was concerned about my daughter and they all were so nice and considerate.  The firefighters offered to drive my daughter down to the hospital as I was being transported in the ambulance.   I had a candle lit in my kitchen to blow out and had to find my keys, but the paramedic helped do all that for me.  Seriously, they were the most patient and empathetic medical team ever!  

God Takes Care of His Children
Hadara had a fun drive to the hospital with the guys.  They gave her a fire hat, a water bottle and some cookies.  They showed her everything in the fire truck and told her how it works.  She got V.I.P. treatment.   They really made Hadara feel so special and comforted.  I am so thankful for that.  I'm so proud of her because she really kept calm and helped me.  When, we met up at the hospital, the paramedics told me how well mannered Hadara was and a pleasure.  I wanted to cry, but I held my tears.  

At this point, it had been an hour since the bite and my reaction symptoms were starting to subside.  My parents along with my niece and nephews got there and helped take care of Hadara while the medical staff treated me.  I could feel the Lord's presence surround this whole situation.  Everything was moving along so smoothly.  

The crazy thing is that I chose to go to the closest neighborhood hospital.  It didn't really matter to me.  Yet, God whispers to us in times of trouble and when we listen, it all works out.  Read what happened next! 

While talking to the doctor, she told me that the same thing happened to her last week.  What?!  I know!  Crazy, but not coincidence.  She totally understood my condition and diagnosed me with a allergic reaction to the bite.  She did have an EKG and blood work done to check all bases.  Everything came back normal and great.  By the time, Ruben got to the hospital, my swelling had gone down and I was discharged.  

God's Plans are Better Than Our Own. 
The Lord is good.  You see, the afternoon started out with a plan.  We had plans to take some photos. Yet, the plan turned sour.  However, God turned it around for my good.  My Lord took care of my daughter and I through all this craziness.  The nurse who took my blood said something to me that struck me when I shared my story.  She told me it was a good thing, it wasn't my daughter who got bit.  Yes, so true.  We were standing in the same place. . . . under the same tree.  By the photos today, you can see the tree and the area.  Who knows what it was?  A spider?  Whatever it was, it doesn't matter any more.  God is always looking out for His children.  

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.  Luke 10:9 
At one point, during the phone conversation with 911,  the Holy Spirit showed me the Word of God in my mind.  I remembered how I continually confess the scriptures over me and how powerful it is.  I knew at that moment and believed who could be against me?  No one or nothing!   I believed the Word of God over me is true.  

FAITH in Action 
I instantly felt calm and I knew that everything was going to be okay.  I knew that my Father wasn't going to let me fall.  I stood on His promises.  It works.  Faith in action.  What good is it to read the Bible and study the Bible and memorize the Bible, if we do not believe it or put it in action?  We can see the proof in the pudding.  When life is scary, emergency situations come, do we believe or doubt?

We cry Emergency!  Emergency!  God help me and He does my friend.  
 . . . Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.   Psalm 50:15 

I'm so thankful for His protection and His covering and sending His angels to take care of my daughter and I during that emergency situation.  He provides and turns everything around for our good.  Amen?

Although, I type on the keyboard to get this post out today with puffy fingers, I am alive.  I am good.  Praise God!  I can use this story to encourage you today.  

Do you have an emergency situation in your life?   Maybe one is coming around the corner.  We never know what life may throw at us.  However, God wants to see our faith alive and put into action.  He wants to see that we will stand on His Word and BELIEVE it for all things in our lives.  All things are possible to them who believe.  

The Lord is with you today, my friend.   If He's done it for me, He'll do it for you.  

He'll do it again! 

Blessings and Shalom, 

Connect with me here:

 Facebook   Pinterest   Google +  YouTube  Instagram

Labels: , ,