Princess Bride Bible Study: Chapter Three {Crowning Beauty}


Welcome to Women in the Word, a community of women joining together at the Little Pink Casa every Wednesday for a season to study the Word of God.   


Today at the Little Pink Casa, we are discussing Chapter Three:  Crowning Beauty.  Even if you aren't feeling or looking much like a Princess Bride today, don't worry.  You are getting a makeover-a heart makeover.  Grab your Bible and share this devotional with a girlfriend.  

Download your FREE Princess Bride Chapter Three Study Guide here.  

You may read this study and also listen to the audio version here or click on video below.   If you are reading this in a email, click here for video.  



Every girl dreams of being a Princess.   

What do you think is the favorite part about being a Princess?   

Did you ever watch a beauty pageant?  My favorite part was at the end when they announced the winner and placed that really big bedazzled crown on top of her big hair style.  Hey, it was the 1980’s.  There was something about that moment.  After they placed the crown on her head, she looked different . . . so royal, so regal   . . . as if that crown was meant for her to wear all along.   The “Miss America” song was sung and she took her first walk down the runway as the new crowning beauty.  

What’s the one thing a Princess wears that sets her apart from the crowd? 

A crown.  

When I was a little girl, I took dance lessons at a dance studio where I studied tap and jazz.   I was nine years old, when a beauty pageant organization sent a scout to my dance studio looking for participants.    While my mom sat in the waiting room, she started to chat with one of the scouts.  That day, after jazz class, my  mom excitedly asked me if I wanted to be in a beauty pageant.  She was convinced and confident I could win.  The thought of it excited me but also scared me silly.   I was a very extremely shy introvert who was not used to being in the spotlight.   However,  something tugged at my heart, edged me on and I agreed.  I began to train and prepare myself for the pageant.  

The day came and girlfriend was I beyond nervous!  Yet, I did everything as I had rehearsed.  I never expected to win anything.  I was just going through the motions.  I guess at the time, I didn’t really understand what I was doing, but I knew my mom believed in me.  That’s all that mattered.  


So did I win?  You are probably waiting for me to get to that part, right? 

To my surprise, I heard my name called out as the winner of the Cinderella Beauty category.  

The next thing I knew, a past Miss Cinderella winner was placing a crown on my head and a beautiful sash over my shoulder.  A trophy was placed down at my feet.   It was all too surreal.  I remember I could see my mom from the audience crying and trying to take pictures of me at the same time.  

For that one crowning moment, I was a Princess.  

In fact, that experience left such an impression on me that I made sure I kept my crown, sash and trophy with me throughout my entire life (I have a story about this, I’ll tell you later).  I sure didn’t know that the Lord would use these items 30 years later and I’d be sharing this story with you today.  


I tell you this, not to brag about winning a beauty pageant.  I tell you this, to remind you that deep down inside you are that girl- a Crowning Beauty.   Reigning in your moment.  Innocent, beautiful and royal.  

In God’s eyes, you are a Princess Bride crowned with righteousness. 

Revelation 3: 11 says, 
I am coming soon; hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.  

Let’s open our Bible to Esther 1: 10 
On the seventh day, when the king was in high spirits from the wine, he ordered Mehuman, Bizta, Harvona, Bigta, Avagta, Zetar and Karkas, the seven officers who attended him, 11 to bring Queen Vashti before the king with the royal crown, in order to show the people and the officials her beauty, for she was indeed a good-looking woman. 12 But Queen Vashti refused to come at the order of the king, which he had sent through his officers. This enraged the king — his anger blazed inside him.

During this celebration, Queen Vashti for some reason refused to go see her King. She was the Queen, and although she was a crowning beauty, she lacked something.  She lacked obedience.   In the end, she lost her crown, and was vanished from the kingdom.  (Esther 1: 19) 
Then, there was a young Jewish girl named Esther, a orphan girl who was a true Princess Bride in the making.   As destiny plays out, her role as Queen is defined. 
The day came after much preparation.  The biggest beauty pageant of them all.  Who would the King choose to be his new Queen?  Who will be the new Queen of Persia? 
For such a time as this. (Esther 4:14) 
Esther had her crowning moment as she stood before her King.  Everything she trained for and prepared for set her in perfect position.  A position of obedience. 
Esther 2:17  tells us, “The king liked Esther more than any of his wives; none of the other virgins obtained such favor and approval from him. So he put the royal crown on her head and made her queen in place of Vashti”

There are many reasons why God handpicked Esther for this position,  but one is critical. 
To save her people from death, including herself. 
Esther had to choose whether she would trust God and be obedient to His call or not.  Even facing death as an option, for the Bible tells us she spoke, “If I perish, I perish” (Esther 4:16).  Yet, she remained obedient.
That’s not the end of the story.  For she had favor with the King.  In her courageous boldness, she walked as a Princess Bride into the King’s courts wearing her crown with authority, yet clothed in humility.  
The King grants her requests and sees her for who she is- his Queen.  
All because of a crown.  
Did you know, you are a Princess Bride and one day you will be crowned? 
2 Timothy 4: 8 says, “All that awaits me now is the crown of righteousness which the Lord, “the Righteous Judge,” will award to me on that Day — and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for him to appear”.  

The Lord sees you adorned in beauty, wearing your garment of holiness, topped with a crown of righteousness.  However, there are so many things in this life that may try to take your crown.  Don’t lose it!  We must remain righteous during this time of preparation for the Lord’s soon return.  

A Princess Bride perseveres through temptation 
James 1:12 says, How blessed is the man who perseveres through temptation! For after he has passed the test, he will receive as his crown the Life which God has promised to those who love him.

Acting in humility and staying humble before our God will give you a reward.  Psalm 149:4 tells us "for Adonai takes delight in his people,
he crowns the humble with salvation"

Like Esther, even when facing death, your crown will be rewarded. 
Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. Look, the Adversary is going to have some of you thrown in prison, in order to put you to the test; and you will face an ordeal for ten days. Remain faithful, even to the point of death; and I will give you life as your crownRevelation 2:10 

Worldly trophies and awards will pass away, but our crown will last forever.   
1 Corinthians 9:25 says, “Now every athlete in training submits himself to strict discipline, and he does it just to win a laurel wreath that will soon wither away. But we do it to win a crown that will last forever”

As a Princess Bride, you must contend for your crown of righteousness.  Keep the faith, and be courageous in a time like today, where fear is not an option.  For you will be a glorious crown in the hand of Adonai, a royal diadem held by your God. (Isaiah 62:3) 

One day, soon and very soon, you and I will complete this wedding trouseau.  On that day, we will stand with our King Redeemer.  For I know, my Redeemer lives! 

Don’t be afraid to wear you crown.  For, you are a Crowning Beauty in His eyes.  

Heart Check 
Are there some things or events in your life that has knocked you down?  While falling down, did your crown fall off?  Maybe you think you lost your crown?  Maybe you are pretending to wear one, but it really isn’t there?  Are you wearing your crown crooked?  It’s time to go before the Father, and seek His face.  Turn from your sinful ways and ask forgiveness for the sin that is keeping you from attaining a crown of righteousness.  Seek righteousness, ask God to empower you through His Holy Spirit to equip you for such a time as this.  You are a Princess Bride in the making and He is making you oh so beautiful.  

Have you accepted Jesus' proposal to be King of your heart? 
Now is the time to make Him Lord of your life.  


Blessings and Shalom,


Join our Princess Bride Facebook Bible Study group dedicated just for "Princess Bride" bible study ladies.  This will be a safe place for us to connect, share and chat about the study as we go along.   Click here to check it out and to join our group called, Women in the Word-Little Pink Casa and Friends.  



Now, if you are new to my blog, Welcome!  

Please take the time now to connect with me so that you can be apart of this exciting new bible study! Subscribe below by entering your email address, so that you never miss a post.  



Labels: ,