My Love Story {Today is a Good Friday}

This pic was taken after I prayed to accept Jesus in my life.  

Today, as I reflect I still remember that special day I gave my life to my Lord Jesus.  

I had the blessing of having my husband Ruben lead me to Christ.  At the time, he was my boyfriend and we had only dated for six months.  You see, it was all part of the plan.  God’s plan.  The Lord works like that.  He knows us better than we know ourselves.  

On a quiet spring afternoon, Ruben drove me to this little church.  We walked inside.   No one was there.  Since Ruben was part of the staff, he had a key.  So we had the church all to ourselves.  I thought we were going there to eat lunch and play drums.  

But God! 

Little did I know, I was minutes away from making the greatest decision of my life!  

We sat together on a pew.  Ruben began to explain the plan of salvation to me and had me read verses in the Bible.  He told me that Jesus came to forgive me of all my sin.  

I knew this was serious.  I felt the atmosphere change.  Tears flooded my eyes.  My heart felt like it would explode.  There was a battle brewing up inside of me.  

Then, I got down on my knees with Ruben and prayed.  

For the first time, I knew the answer for my life was Jesus.  I wanted Him.  

I asked him to forgive me and told Him I wanted to serve Him all of my life.  

It was simple and beautiful.  

At that moment, I felt clean.  I knew I was different.  

All of the pain of my past was healed and the shame of my sin was gone.  

I can’t believe it has been 20 years already?  Time sure goes by fast.  

Even now, as I write this, tears come to my eyes.  Tears of thankfulness.  Tears of joy.  

I'm so thankful to Ruben, my husband who was obedient to the Lord.  He shared the gospel with me and that is truly special.   That is true love.  

I can say that serving God and living for Jesus is the Only way and the Best way.  

Without Him, I am nothing!  He has delivered me from fear, curses, and death.  
He has given me love, joy, peace . . . Life and life more abundantly.  Freedom! 

This is my story, my Love story.  

I encourage you to remember your love story!  The Love story between you and your Savior.  Talk about it.  Tell your children.  Tell others.  When we are in love, we want to share it.  Don’t we?  Share His love.  He loves you my friend!  

Fall in love with your First love again. 

Blessings and Shalom, 










My Love Story:  A Poem to Honor My Lord

On a Good Friday 20 years ago, a young woman gave her life to Jesus.  

She was 18 years old.  

Her guilt and shame was washed away.  

She was forgiven and made whole that special day.  

A new journey for her life she was embarking.  

She was no longer on the road to death and destruction but on the road of life.  

Life and life abundantly.  


She became a child of God.  A woman of faith.  God’s Beauty.  

It was a day the angels partied in heaven because her name was written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.  

It seems profound that all of this could have happened in one moment.  

A moment of surrender. 

A moment of giving up her desires and dreams 

For the One she had been searching for all of her life. 

Nothing else could pay the bill.  No one else could satisfy. 

No, that day, she was overwhelmed by the love of her Savior.  

And for the first time, she knew the truth.  


It would be a growing journey of faith, trials and perseverence.  

Only God knew. 

With arms wide open she fell into the arms of her loving Father. 

Walking by faith and trusting His every step as He led her along the way. 


20 years later,

I am that woman.  

I am no longer young. 

Through it all, I have trusted. 

I have seen the true love of a redeeming and forgiving Father. 

Through the years, I have seen 

the power of prayer

the power of love 

and the power in the blood 

Of the Passover lamb.  

A tender sacrifice, yet so profound.  

He gave His life so I may be found. 


With one trace,  He reached down and gave me peace and loving grace. 

Where would I be, if that day I would have not chosen Him?

Where would I be without the life I have in Him?

Surely, He has saved me.  

To God be the glory, for the things He has done.  


Now it’s your turn.

Today could be your Good Friday? 

Surrender if you haven’t already.  Jesus died to set you free from sin.  

He has the power through his blood to forgive. 

He is calling you back to Him.  

Ask forgiveness for your sin and call upon the Name of the Lord to be saved. 

This is your story.  This is your song. 

Praising your Savior all the day long. 


Labels: , , ,