Reflections of a Mommy's Heart


I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way.  
O when wilt thou come unto me?
I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 
Psalm 101:2

As I reflect back on photographs of being a young Mommy, I realize those moments were so tender, innocent and beautiful.  They continue to be.  Yet, as our children change, we also change.  Motherhood is an ongoing process of change.  Our children grow up so fast.  

I think about all the teachable moments I took advantage of and the ones I neglected. 

My heart fails and so do my child's heart.  Yet, God's way is perfect.  (Psalm 18:30)

Many things are vying for our kid's attention.  They are exposed to many negative role models.  So, Lord, protect our babies.  We want to limit the contact our children have with these sources of bad influence.  Even more, guide us to be a good influence before our little ones and show them, even while they're very young, how important it is to walk in Your ways and to obey Your commands. 
Lord, help us Moms to live according to Your guidelines and therefore be able to show our children that Your plan is best as they live for you.  

Trust the Lord with your children today and take comfort knowing that His way for them is perfect.  Today, I encourage you to hug your babies extra tight, pray for them, love them unconditionally  and guide them in the Lord's light.  


Thank you Lord for our children! 

How do you make each moment count with your children? 

Blessings and Shalom, 






Labels: , , , , ,