Why Worry? {A Mom's Recipe for Peace}


This past week, the Lord has been teaching me about worry.  
Can you relate? 

Every time I think I got it down, I realize I don't.  Sound familiar?  So much easier said than done, right?  I love the picture that comes to my mind when I think about Matthew 6:25-34 the "do not worry"verses.  I see the little birdies collecting their food.  They don't worry, yet God provides food for them.   If God cares enough for the sparrow, then He is surely taking care of me and my family, everything!

Jesus tells us not to worry, and many cases we need to be reminded. . . 


Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:25-34 

If you are like me, for some reason when I lay my head down at night, I seem to worry.  
The other night when I felt that worry thing creep up in my mind, I immediately thought of a plan of action.  An instant plan of action!  Just like a instant cup of coffee wakes us up.  Well, in an instant I thought of this recipe to combat my worry.  I call it my recipe for peace.  I'd love to share with you.


Recipe for Instant Peace 

1.  Recognize you are worrying.

2.  Read Matthew 6:  25-34

3.  Stop, review, confess the bible verses:  Philippians 4: 6-7 

"Do not be anxious for any reason, but in everything by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God, and the healing peace of God-the very shalom of Heaven-which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Yeshua the Messiah".  

3.   Remember a time (that's usually recent) when you did worry and it eventually 
everything worked out for your good.

4.  Thank God for his faithfulness and tell Him you believe that He's 
done it before, you know He will do it again.

5.  Confess your worries and give them to the Lord.


6.  Worship- sing a song of praise to the Lord


7.  Rest in Him





How are some ways that you combat worry?  


We can beat this worry thing with the Word of God.  Keep pressing on!   May you be blessed with a day of peace.

Blessings and Shalom,











Connect with me here:

 Facebook   Pinterest   Google +  YouTube  Instagram


Never miss a post, subscribe today! 


Labels: , , , , , , ,